3D Printing Software and Services Market Share, Size, Demand, Industry Analysis, Growth , and Forecasts Report 2027
According to a recent research by Emergen Research, the global 3D printing software & services market is expected to be worth USD 9,571.6 Million by 2027. The need for 3D printing software and services is increasing as more consumer goods, automobiles, and medical devices, among other things, are being produced using this technology. The ability to construct incredibly complicated customised designs and the ability to manufacture products more easily are driving the market expansion.
With automation becoming commonplace in the manufacturing sectors, the market is transforming the sector. Manufacturing firms will invest more money in it since technology lowers costs by requiring less labour and enables local production of goods.
The term “additive manufacturing” is frequently used to describe the use of 3D printing in industrial applications (AM). With the aid of software and a 3-dimensional printer, additive manufacturing involves adding material layer by layer to create an object from a three-dimensional file. To carry out the process, a pertinent 3D printing technology is chosen from the pool of options. The final step entails implementing this procedure across many industry verticals as necessary.
The deployment comprises resolving copyright, licencing, and patenting-related issues as well as supplying installation services, consultation solutions, and customer support. In terms of prototyping, designing the structure and final goods, modelling, and speed to market, 3D printing is advantageous for manufacturers.
Please Check Out Our Free Sample Reports and Make a More Informed Decision: Click
However, the adoption of additive manufacturing is being hampered by the widespread misunderstandings small and medium-sized firms have about the prototype procedures. Instead of attempting to comprehend the advantages and benefits of prototyping, businesses engaged in design, particularly small and medium-sized businesses, are hesitating before considering expenditures in prototyping as responsible investments. These businesses generally hold the belief that prototype is only an expensive step before manufacturing. Such misconceptions about prototype, in addition to a lack of technical expertise and an impending lack of standardised process controls, are anticipated to restrain industry expansion.
Key participants include
3D Systems, Stratasys, GE Additive, EOS GmbH, Voxeljet, SLM Solutions, Hewlett Packard, Optomec, Autodesk, and Protolabs, among others.
Printer Type Information
In 2021, the industrial printer sector dominated the market and generated more than 70.0% of total revenue. The market has been further divided into industrial and desktop 3D printers based on printer type. The widespread use of industrial printers in heavy industries including automotive, electronics, aerospace and defence, and healthcare can be blamed for the significant market share of industrial 3D printers. Some of the most popular industrial applications across these industry verticals include prototyping, designing, and tooling.
In 2021, the stereolithography market segment held the top spot and contributed more than 8.0% of worldwide revenue. The segmentation has been done based on technology and includes stereolithography, fuse deposition modelling (FDM), direct metal laser sintering (DMLS), selective laser sintering (SLS), inkjet, polyjet, laser metal deposition, electron beam melting (EBM), digital light processing, laminated object manufacturing, and others.
One of the earliest and most widely used printing processes is stereolithography. Although the benefits and ease of use of stereolithography technology are promoting its adoption, technological advancements and aggressive research and development activities carried out by industry experts and researchers are creating opportunities for a number of other effective and dependable technologies.
In 2021, the design software market was in first place and contributed more than 30% of worldwide revenue. Throughout the length of the forecast, it is anticipated to keep ruling the market. The 3DP industry has been divided into design software, inspection software, printer software, and scanning software based on the type of software used. Particularly in the automotive, aerospace and military, construction and engineering verticals, design software is utilised to create the designs of the thing to be printed. The hardware of the printer is connected to the objects that will be printed via design software
The growing practise of scanning items and saving scanned papers is expected to increase demand for scanning software.
In 2021, the prototyping market segment held the top spot and accounted for more than 55.0% of worldwide revenue. The industry has been further divided into prototype, tooling, and functional components based on application. This is explained by the widespread use of the prototype process in several industry sectors. Prototyping is used extensively in the automotive, aerospace, and defence industries to precisely design and build parts, components, and complex systems.
Some of the Report’s Important Highlights
- Stratasys announced the introduction of Work Order Management Software for 3D printing workshops in November 2019.
- Implants, scaffolds, surgical equipment, and prostheses are all made in the medical industry using 3D printing software and services. The industry is being driven by the rising demand for cutting-edge medical equipment and prosthetics.
- The development of digital fabrication has reduced the time and cost of 3D prototyping. For the prototype application, a range of materials can be employed, including affordable PLA, robust nylon, impact-resistant ABS, and others. During the projection period, the prototyping application category is anticipated to expand at a considerable CAGR.
- Benefits related to the demand for new vehicles with enhanced performance, manufacturing optimization, and supply chains & logistics restructuring for a more efficient operation are provided by 3D printing software & services in the automobile sector. Aside from its popular use for rapid prototyping, 3D printing is also employed for the production of tooling and, in some situations, end-parts.
- The market for 3D printing software and services was led by North America in 2019, and the US has the product’s highest adoption rate. There are numerous small- and medium-sized manufacturers in the area. Demand for the product is being fueled by the existence of a developed market for 3D printing software and services as well as by the adoption of cutting-edge technology. In 2019, the area had a market share of 36.5%.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented into the global 3D printing Software & Services Market on the basis of component, process, application, industry verticals, technology, and region:
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Design Software
- Scanning Software
- Pinter Software
- Inspection Software
Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Powder Bed Fusion
Directed Energy Deposition
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Functional Part Manufacturing
Industry Verticals Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Products
- Printed Electronics
- Architecture and Construction
- Food and Culinary
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Inkjet Printing
- Laser Metal Deposition (LMD)
- Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- PolyJet/MultiJet Printing (MJP)
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Direct Light Projection (DLP)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors
Corporate Sales Specialist
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756