The global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market size reached USD 613.0 Million in 2022 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. The population’s propensity towards a sedentary lifestyle is the key factor expected to drive the revenue growth of the market.
The prevalence of sedentary lifestyles, characterized by a lack of physical activity and prolonged sitting, is a known risk factor for a variety of health conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. These health conditions can lead to an increased incidence of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and Motor Neuron Disease (MND), which are progressive neurodegenerative disorders that affect nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord.
Rising awareness about ALS, also called Lou Gehrig’s disease, can be considered a driver for the market of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment and management. Efforts by advocacy groups and healthcare organizations to increase awareness about ALS, its symptoms, and available treatment options can be considered as a driver for the market. More awareness can result in earlier diagnosis and better treatment options, which can lead to improved patient outcomes and raised demand for ALS-related products and services.
Download a PDF with Detail Analysis @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1596
In addition, awareness campaigns by patient advocacy groups and government bodies can be a significant driver to raise awareness among the general public and to drive research and funding towards the disease, which is expected to result in the development of more effective treatment options, and ultimately drive market revenue growth.
Lack of knowledge and awareness about ALS can restrain the revenue growth of the market as it may prevent early diagnosis and treatment, and limit patient access to new treatments and therapies. Additionally, a lack of understanding about the disease and its progression can also make it difficult for patients and their families to make informed decisions about care and support.
One of the report’s central components is the broad amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market segmentation that includes the product type gamut, application spectrum, end-user industry landscape, significant geographical regions, and the top market contenders. The report contains unbiased industry expert opinions on the current market scenario, past market performance, production & consumption rates, demand & supply ratio, and revenue generation forecasts over the estimated period. The key players’ financial positions, along with their gross profits, sales volumes, sales revenue, manufacturing costs, and other financial ratios, have been accurately gauged in the report. Furthermore, several analytical tools like investment assessment, SWOT analysis, and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis have been implemented by our analysts’ team to evaluate the production and distribution capacities of the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market players.
Radical Highlights of the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Report:
- The sporadic ALS segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2022. Approximately 90-95% of ALS cases are referred to as sporadic ALS, which is characterized by the gradual weakening and wasting of muscles caused by the degeneration of motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. The cause of sporadic ALS is not well understood, but research suggests that a combination of genetic and environmental factors may play a role. Unlike familial ALS, which is caused by inherited genetic mutations, sporadic ALS occurs in individuals with no known family history of the disease. The onset of sporadic ALS is usually after the age of 60, but it can also occur in people as young as 20. There is currently no cure for ALS, but a variety of treatment options are available to help manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
- The medication segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022. There is currently no cure for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), and treatment options are primarily focused on managing symptoms and improving quality of life. Several medications have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of ALS. These include Riluzole, Edaravone, and Nuedexta. These medications may also be prescribed in combination with others for other symptoms such as pain, spasticity, and insomnia. In addition, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy can help maintain muscle strength and function and can help with communication and swallowing difficulties.
- The electromyogram segment is expected to register a rapid revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic test that can be used to evaluate muscle and nerve function. In people with ALS, EMG can help to confirm the diagnosis and to distinguish ALS from other conditions that can cause similar symptoms, such as muscle disease or nerve disorders. EMG involves inserting a needle electrode into a muscle and measuring the electrical activity produced by muscle fibers when the muscle is at rest and when it is contracting. In people with ALS, EMG may show signs of muscle denervation, such as the reduced amplitude of muscle action potentials and the presence of fibrillation potentials, which are abnormal spontaneous electrical discharges that can be seen in muscles that are no longer innervated by healthy nerve cells.
- The amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market in North America is expected to register the largest revenue share over the forecast period. ALS affects around 3,000 Canadians currently. ALS causes the death of around 1,000 Canadians each year. Every year, a comparable number of Canadians are diagnosed with ALS. In the U.S., the disease affects people of all races and ethnicities and is more common in men than in women. The majority of cases of ALS are sporadic, which means that they occur in people with no known family history of the disease, however, about 10% of cases are inherited (familial ALS). An increase in the number of people diagnosed with the disease, as well as the development of new treatments, is driving the revenue growth of the market. The increasing awareness about ALS, along with the development of new drugs and therapies are the major factors driving the growth of the market in the region.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis-market
Furthermore, the report includes an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape. The segment covers a comprehensive overview of the company profiles along with product profiles, production capacities, products/services, pricing analysis, profit margins, and manufacturing process developments. The report also covers strategic business measures undertaken by the companies to gain substantial market share. The report provides insightful information about recent mergers and acquisitions, product launches, collaborations, joint ventures, partnerships, agreements, and government deals.
Key Companies Profiled in the Report:
Corestem, Inc., BrainStorm Cell Limited, Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Biogen Inc., Cytokinetics Inc., Eledon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Revalesio Corporation, Ascend Laboratories LLC, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Treeway B.V.
Emergen Research has segmented the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market on the basis of type, treatment type, diagnosis, symptoms, distribution channel, end-use:
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Sporadic ALS
- Familial ALS
- Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Diagnosis Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Blood and Urine Tests
- Spinal Tap
- Muscle Biopsy
- Symptoms Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Cognitive Changes
- Slurring of Speech
- Difficulty Breathing and Swallowing Problems with Saliva and Mucus
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
North America (U.S., Canada)
Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of EU)
Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
How will this Report Benefit you?
An Emergen Research report of 250 pages features 194 tables, 189 charts, and graphics. Our new study is ideal for anyone who wants to learn about the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market commercially and deeply, as well as to analyze the market segments in depth. With the help of our recent study, you can analyze the entire regional and global market for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. To increase market share, you must obtain financial analysis of the entire market and its segments. Our research suggests there are significant opportunities in this rapidly expanding market for energy storage technology. Look at how you might take advantage of these revenue-generating opportunities. Additionally, the research will help you develop growth strategies, strengthen competitor analysis, and improve business productivity by enabling you to make better strategic decisions.
Key reasons to buy the Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Report:
- The latest report comprehensively studies the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market size and provides useful inference on numerous aspects of the market, such as the current business trends, market share, product offerings, and product share.
- The report offers an insightful analysis of the regional outlook of the market.
- It offers a detailed account of the end-use applications of the products & services offered by this industry.
- The report holistically covers the latest developments taking place in this industry. Therefore, it lists the most effective business strategies implemented by the market rivals for ideal business expansion.
Enquire for Customization in Report @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-for-customization/1596
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization feature, please get in touch with us, and our team will ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore More Reports by Emergen Research:
Automotive Smart Tire Market
Flexible Organic Light Emitting Diode Market
Carbon Steel Market
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyse consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.