Functional Proteins Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Application, Segment Analysis, Demand And Global Forecast 2028
The growth of the market is driven by consumer awareness of a healthy diet, increasing chronic disease instances, and technological advancement in the functional protein market.
The Functional Proteins Market is forecast to grow from USD 5.27 Billion in 2020 to USD 8.22 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by increased demand for sports and fitness nutrition from animal-derived proteins and the development of various protein ingredients such as concentrates and isolates for food industry applications.
Due to the increasing demand for food products with enhanced functionalities, functional proteins are used in various applications such as dietary supplements and food & beverages.
Functional protein manufacturer’s ability to develop separate isolates, concentrates and other forms of protein ingredients for various food products such as beverages, infant formula, dairy products, dietary supplements and confectionery products is estimated to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1036
The major players in the market are Koninklijke DSM (Netherlands), Archer Daniels Midland Co., (US), Cargill, Inc. (US), BASF S.E. (Germany), Ingredion Inc. (US), Roquette Frères (France), Darling Ingredients Inc. (US), Omega Protein Corp. (US), DowDuPont (US), Kemin Industries Inc. (US), InVivo (France), John Pointon & Sons Limited (UK) and others.
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the market on the basis of type, application, source, form and regional analysis.
Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Whey Protein Concentrates
- Whey Protein Isolates
- Casein & Caseinates
- Soy Protein
Application (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Functional foods
- Infant formula
- Sports nutrition
- Functional beverages
- Dietary supplements
- Animal nutrition
Source Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Dairy protein
- Egg protein
- Soy Protein
- Wheat Protein
- Vegetable protein
Form Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Region (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1036
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Functional Proteins Market is forecasted to grow from USD 5.27 Billion in 2020 to USD 8.22 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by increased demand for sports and fitness nutrition from animal-derived proteins and the development of various protein ingredients such as concentrates and isolates for food industry applications.
- The market for whey protein concentrates is expected to grow the largest at USD 1.60 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Whey protein is one of the main ingredients used in the production of several milk-based products and is used as a protein source for product innovation by many food & beverage manufacturers.
- The market for dietary supplements is estimated to hold the largest market and is expected to reach USD 2.82 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. These additives are available in the form of liquid, powders, capsules and tablets. The intake of nutritional supplements such as protein powder has recently increased. This promotes muscle gain and facilitates loss of fat, and most fitness enthusiast prefers it.
- Based on source type, the market for animal segment is expected to reach USD 3.69 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Compared to plant-derived proteins, demand for animal protein is driven by its better nutritional and flavor profile. In addition, the increasing use of animal protein in end-use applications such as sports nutrition and the limited availability of egg and gelatin substitutes in various food products–which, in turn, is influenced by lifestyles and demographic shifts–are key drivers of the market.
- The market for Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to reach USD 1.9 Billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period. In the Asia Pacific region, the consumption of plant-sourced proteins such as soy protein and pea protein has experienced robust growth due to increased use of functional foods and dietary supplements.
Key Features of the Functional Proteins Market Report:
- Detailed assessment and exhaustive understanding of the Functional Proteins market
- Significant insights into manufacturing processes, major barriers, and risks
- 8-year forecast estimation to offer information about the market size and market share on the global and regional levels
- Evaluation of the key drivers, restraints, growth opportunities, threats, limitations, barriers, and other key elements
- Identification of growth prospects and potential for the Functional Proteins industry
- Comprehensive analysis of the key market players and their strategies
Request a Customization on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1036
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2020-2028
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Functional Proteins Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Functional Proteins Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
22.214.171.124. Technological up gradation in the market
To know more about the report, click @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/functional-protein-market
Browse Related Reports –
- 1. Trade Credit Insurance Market
- Sun Care Products Market
- Fragrances and Perfumes Market
- Mobile Phone Protective Cases Market
- Laundry Detergent Market
Thank you for reading our report. For further inquiries and information about the customization of this report, please get in touch with us. Our team will ensure you get the report well-suited for your needs.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.