Functional Proteins Market to Surpass USD 8.22 Billion By 2028: Reports and Data
The Functional Proteins Market is forecast to grow from USD 5.27 Billion in 2020 to USD 8.22 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by increased demand for sports and fitness nutrition from animal-derived proteins and the development of various protein ingredients such as concentrates and isolates for food industry applications.
Due to the increasing demand for food products with enhanced functionalities, functional proteins are used in various applications such as dietary supplements and food & beverages.
Functional protein manufacturer’s ability to develop separate isolates, concentrates and other forms of protein ingredients for various food products such as beverages, infant formula, dairy products, dietary supplements and confectionery products is estimated to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Request Sample of this report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1227
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Functional Proteins Market is forecasted to grow from USD 5.27 Billion in 2020 to USD 8.22 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by increased demand for sports and fitness nutrition from animal-derived proteins and the development of various protein ingredients such as concentrates and isolates for food industry applications.
- The market for whey protein concentrates is expected to grow the largest at USD 1.60 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Whey protein is one of the main ingredients used in the production of several milk-based products and is used as a protein source for product innovation by many food & beverage manufacturers.
- The market for dietary supplements is estimated to hold the largest market and is expected to reach USD 2.82 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. These additives are available in the form of liquid, powders, capsules and tablets. The intake of nutritional supplements such as protein powder has recently increased. This promotes muscle gain and facilitates loss of fat, and most fitness enthusiast prefers it.
- Based on source type, the market for animal segment is expected to reach USD 3.69 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Compared to plant-derived proteins, demand for animal protein is driven by its better nutritional and flavor profile. In addition, the increasing use of animal protein in end-use applications such as sports nutrition and the limited availability of egg and gelatin substitutes in various food products–which, in turn, is influenced by lifestyles and demographic shifts–are key drivers of the market.
- The market for Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to reach USD 1.9 Billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period. In the Asia Pacific region, the consumption of plant-sourced proteins such as soy protein and pea protein has experienced robust growth due to increased use of functional foods and dietary supplements.
- The major players in the market are Koninklijke DSM (Netherlands), Archer Daniels Midland Co., (US), Cargill, Inc. (US), BASF S.E. (Germany), Ingredion Inc. (US), Roquette Frères (France), Darling Ingredients Inc. (US), Omega Protein Corp. (US), DowDuPont (US), Kemin Industries Inc. (US), InVivo (France), John Pointon & Sons Limited (UK) and others.
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/1227
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts volume and revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis on the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2018 to 2028. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the market on the basis of type, application, source, form and regional analysis.
Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Whey Protein Concentrates
- Whey Protein Isolates
- Casein & Caseinates
- Soy Protein
Application (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Functional foods
- Infant formula
- Sports nutrition
- Functional beverages
- Dietary supplements
- Animal nutrition
Source Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Dairy protein
- Egg protein
- Soy Protein
- Wheat Protein
- Vegetable protein
Form Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Region (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
Request Customization on this [email protected] https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1036
Explore Trending Research Reports by Reports and Data
Nutraceutical Products Market
Food Enzymes Market
Food and Beverage Processing Equipment Market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.