Agricultural Films Market: Global Analysis, Market Share, Size, Trends, Growth Analysis, and Forecast to 2027
The global Agricultural Films Market is forecasted to be worth USD 14.96 Billion in 2027, according to a new report by Emergen Research. Agriculture and society in general have been changed by the use of agricultural plastic films. The use of plastic films in agriculture has also made it possible to turn waste land into useful farmland. LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, EVA/EBA, reclaimed materials, and other films are used to create agricultural films. The consistent development of farming and the greenhouse business has a substantial impact on the market for agricultural films. During the projected period, it is anticipated that rising greenhouse adoption to increase yield and recent advances in the agricultural film industry would increase demand for agricultural films. Farm films, agricultural plastic mulch, or agricultural mulch films are becoming more widely used, which presents value-adding potential for producers of agricultural films.
The sector is anticipated to increase as a result of the increasing use of biodegradable polymer films as a result of growing environmental concerns. Government restrictions on the use of plastic and polythene offer attractive opportunities for the expansion of the biodegradable polymer film industry. Future agriculture industry growth is anticipated to benefit from technological developments like the advent of ultra-thermic and ultraviolet (UV) protective films.
To know about the Research Methodology :- Request Free Sample Report
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In order to stay competitive in the expanding market and to diversify its product offering in the agriculture sector, Berry Global Inc. purchased AEP Industries Inc. in January 2017, a major producer of flexible plastic packaging films in North America.
- In July 2020, the Barbier Group and French bioplastic manufacturer Carbiolice teamed up to create biodegradable mulch films. Together, the two businesses were able to create biodegradable films with a longer shelf life and more PLA. For the desired product qualities, Carbiolice will offer the Evanesto addition.
- In July 2020, Solvay and UbiQD joined together to create a new breed of agricultural products, including greenhouse films. To develop a luminescent greenhouse technology that can produce the ideal light spectrum for greenhouses without significantly altering the building and energy infrastructure, both businesses will pool their technical skills.
- Due to its capacity to manage the soil’s temperature and water retention while limiting weed development, the mulch film category led the market in 2019 with a share of 49.2%.
- Due to the expanding government R&D initiatives for the development of more sophisticated and protected agricultural techniques, the Asia-Pacific region held the greatest market share of the agricultural films market in 2019. Government restrictions on the use of plastic and polythene are leading to a rise in the use of biodegradable polymer films in the area.
- Key participants include BASF SE, The RKW Group, Berry Global Inc., AB Rani Plast Oy, Kuraray Co. Ltd., RPC Group PLC, Trioplast Industrier AB, Coveris, Novamont S.P.A and Britton Group Limited, among others.
Emergen Research has segmented the global Agricultural Films Market on the basis of Type, Application, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Geomembrane film
- Silage film
- Mulch film
- Greenhouse covering
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Read Full Description of the Report @ Visit Here