How fast will the Mulch Films Market grow in the next few years?
The global mulch films market size is expected to reach USD 6,697.2 Million by 2028 and register a steady CAGR over the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Rising demand for mulch films can be attributed to steady reduction in availability of agricultural land and changing climatic conditions. Rapid industrialization and urbanization have resulted in decline in availability of agricultural land. This has resulted in increased pressure on currently available arable land to yield more crops by deploying various methods, including the use of mulch films.
Growing emphasis on effective water consumption is driving demand for mulch films. Effective water consumption is of high significance in soil moisture retention. In dry weather conditions with infrequent or scarce rainfall, soil water retention is of prime importance, and mulch films can retain almost 80.0% of added moisture in soil.
Download Report Sample PDF https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3725
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely disrupted global supply chains and created an oversupply situation for mulch film producers. Besides, the forced lockdown and movement restrictions had resulted in a shortage of workforce required to install mulch films in agricultural fields. The situation is returning to the new normal, and the demand and supply equilibrium for mulch films is projected to stabilize as a result.
Some Key Findings in the Report
- Clear/transparent mulch films have no color/pigment additive and are used to rapidly raise soil temperature levels for quick development of plant roots and for preventing groundwater from evaporating
- The biodegradable mulch films segment revenue is projected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period, as these are greener substitutes for other mulch films. These allow farmers and gardeners to skip the collection of mulch films when the growth cycle ends, as biodegradable mulch films do not leave any residue similar to common plastic mulch films. Biodegradable mulch films produced from lactic acid or corn starch allow for rapid degradation of mulch films.
- The linear low-density polyethylene segment held the largest market share in 2020. Most of the commercially used plastic mulches are produced from linear low-density polyethylene, owing to properties such as good root zone maintenance, soil structure improvement, better weed control, soil moisture regulation, and deterrence of pests.
- Asia Pacific held the largest share in the global mulch films market in 2020. Dominance of Asia Pacific is attributable to growth of the agriculture sector and rapid urbanization, leading to rising standards of living. Besides, rise in disposable income and rapid economic growth in countries in the region are key factors driving demand for mulch films in Asia Pacific.
- In August 2020, Carbiolice, which is a firm engaged in the production of compostable and biodegradable polymer products, entered into a partnership with Barbier Group, which is a producer of agricultural films, to introduce biodegradable mulch films produced from polylactic acid.
- Key market players include the Dow Chemical Company, Novamont SPA, RKW Group, British Polythene Industries PLC, BASF SE, Armando Alvarez Group, Berry Global Inc., Ab Rani Plast Oy, AEP Industries Inc., and AL-Pack Enterprises Ltd.
Ask for Customize Research Report https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/3725
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global mulch films market on the basis of product type, raw material, crop type, and region as follows:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- Non-biodegradable Mulch Films
- Clear Mulch Films
- Black Mulch Films
- Colored Mulch Films
- Biodegradable Mulch Films
Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-density Polyethylene ((HDPE)
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
Crop Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Grains & Oilseeds
- Flowers & Plants
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
In-depth Analysis https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/mulch-films-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors. For more information, visit www.reportsanddata.com.