Hydrogen Fuel Cell Market Size, Regional Growth & Demand Overview Report by 2028
The global Hydrogen Fuel Cell market was valued at USD 10.49 Billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21.4% from 2020 to reach USD 59.81 Billion by the year 2028. Hydrogen fuel cells are known to be used in a broad range of applications like cars, buildings, electronic devices, trucks, and/or backup power systems. As those fuel cells can be grid-independent, they are an attractive option for critical load functions such as telecommunication towers, data centers, emergency response systems, hospitals, and even military applications for national defense.
A Hydrogen fuel cell is a device that generates electrical power by a chemical reaction via conversion of fuel (hydrogen) into electricity. Although fuel cells are considered to be electrochemical cells and consist of similar structures, fuel cells require an uninterrupted source of oxygen and fuel to run, similar to how an internal combustion engine that needs a constant flow of gasoline or diesel.
Manufacturers are zeroing-in on the hydrogen economy as the concern for the environment is growing. Hydrogen fuel cells are also scalable. They can be combined to form stacks, which in turn can be combined to form larger systems. These fuel systems vary in sizes and power, from portable systems for smartphone battery recharging, to combustion engine replacements for electric vehicles, to large-scale, multi-megawatt installations providing electricity directly to the utility grid.
Growth in demand for electric vehicles is driving the market for hydrogen fuel cells. An increase in carbon emissions has attracted the government’s attention to the usage of electric vehicles. Another factor impacting the market is the growing concern for the environment. The over-exploitation of fossil fuels has created ecological concerns due to harmful gas emissions. The need for reduced dependence on oil and diesel are propelling the demand of the market.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2061
Key participants include Toshiba Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Materials Handling Inc., Fuel cell Energy Inc., Intelligent Energy Limited, SFC Energy AG, Ballard Energy Corporation, Plug Power Inc., Bloom Energy Corporation, Hydrogenic Corporation
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Polymer Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells uses precious metals like platinum, along with a polymer for the catalyst. It is known to be preferable over other technologies so that it can be operated at cooler temperatures that are between 80 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. It operates between 40%-60% efficiency, which can also handle large and sudden shifts in power output; also, they are used in telecommunications, residential markets, and data centers.
- The air-cooled type has dominated the segment of hydrogen fuel cell product type attaining a CAGR of 26.5%. Passing of ambient air either through the additional cooling plates or cathode is the simplest method of removing waste heat from fuel cells. Examples like the Suzuki Burgmann fuel cell scooter which utilizes a 1.6 kW air-cooled stack, and the Microcap H2EV which utilizes a 3.0 kW Horizon open cathode fuel cell in a battery hybrid arrangement.
- Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles also combine the refueling and range of conventional cars and the recreational benefits of driving on electricity. Refueling a fuel cell vehicle is compared to refuel a car or a truck. Pressurized hydrogen is available at hydrogen refueling stations, and takes less than 10 minutes to fill current models.
- The Asia-Pacific region is emerging as a hub for the adoption of hydrogen power cell technology with the highest CAGR of 24.6%. The region counts many countries as pioneers, like Japan, South Korea, and more recently, China.
- The recent impetus on the adoption of clean energy sources, and China clamping down on its coal usage for energy generation has opened a huge market for hydrogen fuel cells in the region.
- Other countries, especially India, are at a nascent stage of development and are expected to be future growth drivers. The North American region also shows significant promise, as Canada and the U.S move towards investment in green energy. California has the largest infrastructure base on the continent and is responsible for significant innovation in technology.
Browse Complete Report “Hydrogen Fuel Cell Market” @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hydrogen-fuel-cell-market
The report sheds special focus on the factors that propel the growth of the industry. For better understanding, the report segments the Hydrogen Fuel Cell market into key divisions such as types, applications, end-use, technology, region, and others. These segments are extensively analyzed to offer better forecast for the global and regional market and key factors influencing their growth are also covered in the report.
For the purpose of this particular report, Reports and Data segments the Hydrogen Fuel Cell market on the basis of: product type, technology, application, and regions
Product Type (Revenue, USD Million; Volume in Megawatt, 2020–2028)
- Liquid-Cooled Type
- Air-Cooled Type
Technology Type (Revenue, USD Million; Volume in Megawatt, 2020–2028)
- Polymer Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFC)
- Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cells (PAFC)
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC)
- Direct Methanol Fuel Cells (DMFC)
- Molten Carbonate Fuel Cells (MCFC)
Application (Revenue, USD Million; Volume in Megawatt, 2020–2028)
- Material Handling Equipment
- Portable Power
Request Customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2061
Benefits of the Global Hydrogen Fuel Cell Market:
- Analysis of the changing competitive dynamics of the industry
- Futuristic outlook on factors driving and restraining the growth of the market
- An in-depth 8-year forecast along with predictions of market growth
- Comprehensive analysis of the key product segments and their growth estimation for easy understanding
- Provides a competitive edge to the companies operating in the market
- Strategic recommendations to the established companies as well as new entrants in the industry
- In-depth analysis of market segments and complete insights of the market to assist in formulating investment strategies
Thank you for reading our report. Customization of the report is available according to the requirements of the clients. Kindly get in touch with us to know more about the report and our team will ensure the report is tailored according to your needs.
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Power and Energy Industry:
Lead Acid Battery Market Size, Regional Outlook, Competitive Landscape, Revenue Analysis & Forecast Till 2026
Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Revenue, Growth, Restraints, Trends, Company Profiles, Analysis & Forecast Till 2026
Flare Gas Recovery System Market Size, Key Factors, Major Players, Growth Strategies, Trends, Forecast Till 2026
Fuel Ethanol Market Revenue, Trends, Growth Factors, Region and Country Analysis & Forecast To 2026
Vacuum Gas Oil Market Revenue, Product Launches, Regional Share Analysis & Forecast Till 2026
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-hydrogen-fuel-cell-market