Sugar Substitutes Market Size, Share, Growth Analysis, Emerging Trends | Industry Forecasts 2028
Sugar Substitutes Market Size – USD 15.52 Billion in 2019, Sugar Substitutes Market Growth – CAGR of 4.6%, Market Trend- Blending sugar substitutes with prebiotic & probiotic products and fluctuations in price and supply of sugar are showing lucrative opportunities for sugar substitutes.
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the sugar substitutes market is forecast to grow from USD 14.9 Billion in 2019 to USD 18.8 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.6%, during the forecast period.
Sugar substitute contains significantly lighter food energy than sugar-based sweeteners, making it a low-calorie sweetener or zero-calorie. The growth exhibited by the global sugar substitute market is a result of various factors such as the developing economies and subsequently increasing income of consumers, rising awareness about nutrition, hectic lifestyle, increasing geriatric population coupled with diabetes, and increasing obesity prevalence. The global prevalence of diabetes was estimated to be 8.8% standardized for people of 20-79 years, which translated to 424.9 million people in 2018. The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) also predicted that prevalence is likely to increase to 9.9% of the population by 2045. In addition to diabetes, the IDF estimates that another 352.1 million people worldwide are expected to have had pre-stage diabetes, called Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT), in 2017.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1329
All over the world, micro flavoring ingredients are standardized and released for use by food safety agencies Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association (FEMA) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). However, none of these regulatory agencies report in detail which compounds and concentrations are present in these substances. To date, they have not defined the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) and the tolerable dose limit of flavorings for each food type. Recent studies related to the cytotoxic and mutagenic activity of many flavorings have made many manufacturers aware of their side effects. The popularity of naturally sourced ingredients and can be traced to the increasing awareness of consumers regarding the use of these synthetic flavors. Regulations are expected to decrease the use of synthetic additives in developed countries.
The major players in the sugar substitutes market are Tate & Lyle (U.K.), Cargill, Inc. (US), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Ingredion Inc. (U.S.), Roquette Frères (France), Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan), JK Sucralose Inc. (China), PureCircle (Malaysia), The NutraSweet Company (U.S.), and E. I. DuPont De Nemours (U.S.).
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the sugar substitutes market on the basis of origin, type, product, application, end-use and region:
Origin Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020 -2028)
Category Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- High Intensity Sweeteners
- Low intensity Sweeteners
- High Fructose Syrup
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Sugar Alcohols
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Baked Goods
- Dairy & Frozen Yogurt
- Ice cream
- Fruit juices & Zero Calorie Drinks
- Carbonated Soft Drinks (CSD)
- Functional Drinks
- Others (powdered beverages, flavored water)
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020 -2028)
- Food & Beverage Manufacturers
- Table tops
- Restaurants and Hotels
- Cruise Line
- Fast food Centers
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1329
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Low-calorie/reduced sugar consumption has been a major trend in the last few years. From stevia to aspartame, people are looking for ways to alleviate diabetic and obesity issues. Nearly 7 million people reported using stevia, making them one of the most commonly used sugar substitutes in 2019.
- “Transparency” and “Sustainability” are the major trends in sugar substitute products, the industry has led new initiatives like, Good Agricultural and Collection Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices for Botanical Materials, Global Retailer and Manufacturer Alliance (GRMA) and the Botanical Adulterants Program which controls the transparency will be more prominent.
- Low sugar claims have been a major trend in the last five years. New product introductions making a low/no/reduced sugar claim have grown steadily in the last five years, while low/no/reduced calorie claims have declined. Differences by region are substantial, with Latin America having the most products with claims overall. 6% of food and beverage products launched in the U.S. made a low/no/reduced sugar claim in 2017, up from 4% in 2012.
- The Asia-Pacific Market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period. Growing disposable incomes in emerging economies such China, and India is likely to foster the market growth. Demand for sugar substitutes will rise in developing, nations where preventative healthcare is seen as a springboard to work towards a better health index.
- By origin type, natural sugar substitutes market was the largest segment in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2020–2028. Snowballing health awareness and food safety concerns have led the consumers to source for simple, natural constantly, vegan, and non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) rather than chemical complex chemical compounds when choosing food products. This rising market trend is forcing manufacturers to turn towards clean labels such as ‘natural,’ ‘preservative-free’ ‘organic’ and ‘non-GMO ingredients. According to the sugar alliance organization, 19% of the U.S. consumers agree they are buying more food/drink containing natural sugar substitutes (e.g. monk fruit, stevia).
- Under the product segment, stevia is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 7.3% during 2020–2028. Over the past five years, almost 10,000 new stevia-based food & beverages have been launched, with over 26% of these launches concentrated on soft drink production. According to the sugar alliance organization, 16% of the U.S. consumers would pay more for food/ drinks which use naturally sourced sugar substitutes (e.g. stevia).
- Under the application segment, food was the largest segment in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2020–2028 The rapid replacement of sucrose with low calorie alternatives by bakers in recent years is likely to add impetus to sugar substitute’s market penetration in the segment.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sugar-substitutes-market
Key Objectives of the Report:
- Identification of the significant trends and emerging trends of the Sugar Substitutes industry
- Analysis of the drivers and restraints and opportunities to identify growth segments
- Analysis of the competitive landscapes along with expansions, agreements, new product launches, acquisitions, mergers, and other strategic business plans
- SWOT analysis, feasibility study, investment return analysis, and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis to provide a comprehensive study of the key players
- Complete analysis of the current and future market scenario of the Sugar Substitutes industry
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1329
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization feature, please get in touch with us and our team will ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore Our More Related Reports:
Milk Replacers Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/milk-replacers-market
Organic Tea Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/organic-tea-market
Hair Wigs and Extensions Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hair-wigs-and-extensions-market
Premium Chocolate Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/premium-chocolate-market
Hyperlocal Services Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hyperlocal-services-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.