Topical Drug Delivery Market Landscape, Industry Analysis, Business Outlook, Current and Future Growth to 2027
According to a recent report by Emergen Research, the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market is anticipated to experience rapid revenue growth and reach a market value of USD 145.68 Billion by 2027. The use of topical drug formulations for pharmaceutical administration is becoming increasingly important, and the market for these products is now growing due to rising demand and usage as well as the trend toward more convenient home treatments. Topical medication delivery methods allow for more targeted drug delivery to a certain location while preventing drug level changes. Additionally, this approach offers variances across and among patients, improved compliance, high suitability for self-medication, and increased convenience.
The size of the global market for topical medication delivery is anticipated to increase dramatically in the near future. The rising incidence of diabetes, the rising number of burn cases, the rising frequency of cutaneous illnesses, and technological developments in topical medication delivery systems are all cited as reasons for the market’s expansion. Private clinics and hospitals are the main end users of topical medication delivery systems. Diagnostic facilities and home healthcare providers are a few additional end users.
Devices, which include transdermal gels and patches, and formulations, which include topical solid, semi-solid, and liquid formulations, are the two product categories for topical drug delivery systems. Because these formulations were used in more surgical operations, such as organ transplantation, and blood donations were increasing, semi-solid topical formulations previously held a significant market share for topical medication administration. Different semi-solid formulations include gel, lotion & paste, ointment, and cream.
Topical medications can be injected into the body via a number of different channels, including the vaginal, cutaneous, nasal, rectal, and ophthalmic. Due to the rising demand for self-administered medications, the increasing prevalence of skin conditions, and the rising number of product approvals for skin-related drug delivery systems, the skin drug delivery had the highest proportion of the topical drug delivery market among these. Topical drug delivery systems are used to treat a variety of illnesses, including atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, actinic keratosis, atopic alopecia, and alopecia areata.
Geographically, North America used to hold the biggest market share for topical drug delivery, largely because there were so many pharmaceutical businesses there. In the upcoming years, the Asia-Pacific (APAC) area is anticipated to experience the fastest growth. The causes for this include increasing healthcare costs, pharmaceutical corporations focusing more on the market in emerging nations, an increase in the population of older people, and rising disposable income.
Get a sample of the report @ Click Here
- In July 2022, the US Food and Drug Administration accepted Aleor Dermaceuticals’ Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 3%, for the topical treatment of actinic keratoses. Aleor Dermaceuticals is a division of Alembic Pharmaceuticals.
- Arcutis Biotherapeutics’ New Drug Application (NDA) for ZORYVE (roflumilast) cream 0.3% for the treatment of plaque psoriasis, including intertriginous regions, in patients 12 years of age and older, received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration in July 2022. ZORYVE quickly removes psoriasis plaques and lessens itching throughout the entire body.
- Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. purchased RHOFADE cream from Allergan in December 2018. In order to provide developed treatments for patients with immuno-inflammatory disorders, the acquisition has allowed Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. to refocus its resources on the development of immuno-inflammatory assets.
- Sun Pharmaceutical purchased Pola Pharma and two of its Japanese manufacturing plants in November 2018. The company’s dermatology operations on the Japanese island country have grown stronger as a result of this deal.
- Key players operating in the market are Johnson & Johnson, Nestlé SA, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis AG, Merck & Co, Bausch Health Companies, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, Hisamitsu Pharmaceuticals, and Encore Dermatology, Inc.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global topical drug delivery market based on product types, route, end-use, and regions as follows:
Product Form Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2017–2027)
- Solid Formulations
- Transdermal Products
- Liquid Formulations
Route Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2017–2027)
End-Use Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2017–2027)
- Home Healthcare
- Diagnostic Centers
- Burn Center
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Kilo Tons; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To know more about the report @ Visit Here
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a Marketresearch and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer Marketintelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
E-mail: [email protected]
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights